Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 30



Day 30. June 24, 2007.

Today, we gathered at 8:00 AM (well, most of us) for our final session. It was bittersweet. I'm physically exhausted, but enormously gratified from this experience. The Sunday AM paper (our Tennesseean) had a feature story about Accelerator on the cover of the Business Section (I will attach in a separate note).

The first order of business was to gather on-line feedback from all Accelerator participants. After this initial feedback session, all individuals met with the their final team rotation group (Team 3) and gave performance feedback to one another on their contributions to the team, individual improvement, and suggestions for improvement.

In the final session of the day, we turned the podium over to the Accelerator participants to "roast" the staff - and did they ever! My favorite line that described me ... "Michael Burcham does not sleep, he waits..." No one was immune... we all got a blast (but all in good fun).

As I stepped to the podium for the last time for Accelerator 2007, I realized that there had been as much change in me as each of these young people had experienced in themselves.

  • 30 Straight Days
  • 14 Hours a Day
  • 7 Days a Week
  • 125 Graduate Class Hours
  • 250 Project Hours
  • 5 Team Rotations
  • 10 Corporations
  • 1 Big Transformation - Each Individual

This was a great experience.